Are you tired of Fabio yet? I hope not – because I could watch his videos every day! They always consist of simple recipes, delicious looking food, and pure entertainment. Here is his famous, simple pesto recipe. Forget about all of those other fancy recipes you may find on the web – this one is the only one you need. I just made this for dinner and my husband went (pine) nuts. Watch and learn! Or skip the link and see my breakdown of the recipe, below.
- 1 large bunch fresh basil leaves
- 1/2 cup pine nuts
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup Pecorino Romano grated cheese (he uses parmesan as do many traditional pesto recipes, but Pecorino is freaking DELICIOUS. I substitute this for parm almost all the time.)
- salt & pepper
Directions: place everything except for the cheese in a food processor. Blend for just under a minute or so. Like Fabio says, you want your pesto to be “chunky.” Once it’s well blended and the leaves are all broken down, add the cheese. Blend for just 7 – 10 seconds more. That’s it!! You are officially a bad-ass-little-italian-pesto-making-machine. WASSAMATTAFOYOUUU?? Ahem.
Store this batch in a jar in your refrigerator for up to a week. or pop it in the freezer for future use.
Latest posts by Alessandra (see all)
- Keeping Me Up at Night. - May 27, 2015
- Imperfections. - May 17, 2015
- Quick and Tasty for Spring: Strawberry Ricotta Toast and Strawberry Flax Jam - May 9, 2015
Trackback from your site.