Pumpkin Pie Smoothie
I blogged this Pumpkin Pie Smoothie recipe last year but buried it within another post, and with Fall officially here, it was time I gave it the spotlight.
It is delicious, creamy, and above all, healthy, and if you have a little one living with you, they can enjoy it, too. It has lots of fiber, Vitamin A, and Potassium (and if you’re enjoying this one among adults only, I can’t imagine that tossing a shot of Kahlua in there would hurt anyone).
Cheers, to the holiday kickoff!
- 1 cup organic pumpkin puree
- 1 large ripe banana
- 1 cup almond milk (or whole milk if you prefer)
- 1/2 tsp. pure vanilla extract*
- 1 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
- 5 ice cubes (or add my coffee cubes, if you need an extra kick)
Combine all ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth. Pour into 2 glasses and serve.
*Want to adapt this one for your baby so you can both enjoy a healthy snack? Simply leave out the vanilla extract (since it has alcohol in it), or pour baby’s serving out first before adding the vanilla in for your portion. It’s a nutritious treat for the both of you!
Latest posts by Alessandra (see all)
- For 2017 - January 1, 2017
- Family-Friendly Vegetarian Recipe from What a Good Eater! Cookbook - December 13, 2016
- Stage Mom - December 4, 2016
Trackback from your site.